The City of Granger currently outsources the processing and inspections of permits through Northwest Code Professionals, however Granger City Hall is established as the building permit office where all permits must be submitted. Building permits involve the detailed examination of building plans, calculations, and specifications for compliance with building, plumbing and mechanical codes, as well as, field inspections of all aspects of construction and its various component parts and systems.
Permits are required to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, or demolish a building or structure; change the use of a building; or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system and no work shall commence until a permit is issued and picked up.
Applications for building any structure, whether it be a dwelling, wall, commercial building, or other, can take up to two weeks for processing, larger projects may take longer. All application permits must be accompanied by:
- Printable Building Permit Application
- (Currently Unavailable) Online Building Permit Application
- Site plans – 1 set no larger than 11″ x 17″
- Structural plans and other documents – 1 set no larger than 11″ x 17″
- Submit by email to email@example.com
Helpful information before you begin
- The City of Granger does not issue electrical permits. For electrical permits and electrical inspections, contact WA State Department of Labor and Industries at (800) 354-5423 or www.lni.wa.gov/.
- All fire, life, and safety permitting is submitted to and issued through Granger City Hall. The Granger Fire Department conducts the city’s fire related plan reviews. For specific fire code questions, contact Terry Carter, Fire Chief at (509) 854-1725.
- Contractors are required to have a valid Washington State Contractor’s License and Granger Business License.
- Permit fees vary based on type of project.
- Granger Municipal Code, Title 15, Buildings and Construction
- Granger Municipal Code, Title 18, Zoning
- Developer Guidelines and Public Works Design Standards
- Inspections are required for all issued permits.
- Inspection requests must be received 24-hours in advance.
- To schedule inspections, please call (509) 854-1725.
For additional information contact
Phone: (509) 854-1725
Fax: (509) 854-2103